10. Taylor Swift has awful posture.
09. The media is at it again trying to scare the heck out of us with the big bad mean flu. On TV they always start off with the flu map. Which makes it seem like almost everyone in the country has it. In actuality only a few people, relative to the population, have the flu or will get it. But, the mainstream media will never tell us that.
08. I tried to watch the Golden Globe Awards this past Sunday. But, since I haven’t seen most of the TV shows and films that they gave awards for the show was pretty boring to me. Except for Jodie Foster‘s speech. That was very interesting.
07. So many people seem to find Beyoncé very attractive. I don’t. Her personality or lack of personality is just such a turn-off to me that I can’t see the beauty.
05. Today is Aaliyah‘s birthday. She would have been 34 years old today.
04. I have a feeling that something is going to come along, very soon, that will take the place of Facebook the way Facebook to the place of MySpace. I think that would be a good thing. Facebook collects too much data. It is Big Brother.
03. Kiwi are a very tasty little fruit.
02. I’ve been sleeping really well lately. It’s been very cold here, so I’m wondering if that could be affecting my sleep in a positive way? And, I’ve been remembering my dreams a lot too. Some of them have been great! One actually involved Alicia Keys. 🙂
01. I think the Baltimore Ravens and the Atlanta Falcons will be in the Super Bowl. Who are your picks?
What’s on your mind?
01. Born Brooklyn, New York, 1979
02. Raised in Detroit
04. Competed on Star Search at age 11
05. Attended Detroit High School for the Fine and Performing Arts (she graduated in 1997)
06. In 1994, at the age of 15, Aaliyah released her debut album, Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number
07. Released her second album, One in a Million in 1996.
08. In 2000, Aaliyah made her acting debut in the film Romeo Must Die
09. Her third album, Aaliyah, was released in July 2001 and reached No. 2 on the Billboard album chart.
10. In 2001, she played the title role in the film Queen of the Damned, based on the bestselling novel by Anne Rice and set for release in 2002.
11. In 2001, Aaliyah signed to appear in two sequels of the film The Matrix.
12. Aaliyah was killed on August 25, 2001, when a small Cessna passenger plane carrying the singer and her video crew crashed shortly after takeoff from Abaco Island in the Bahamas. She was 22 years old.
Would Aaliyah be known more for her acting or her singing if she were alive today?
Do you have a favorite Aaliyah song?