I watched the Presidential Inauguration yesterday. I wasn’t really interested in all of the speeches nor the parade or what the First Lady was wearing. What interested me was the Presidential limo. The Secret Service calls it, “The Beast”.
Here are some interesting facts about The Beast
– The Beast is a 2009 model based on the Cadillac DTS, on the outside. Otherwise it is based on a GM Chevy kodiak truck.
– Many body components are sourced from a variety of Cadillac vehicles. The Beast uses Cadillac Escalade headlights, side mirrors and door handles. The tail of the limo uses the taillights and back up lights from the Cadillac STS sedan.
– It’s estimated cost is $300,000 but, I think this thing cost at least 5 million dollars.
– It has night vision
– Blood of the President’s type is stored in the trunk
– It’s license plate number is 800 002 and is a Washington D.C. plate that reads, “No Taxation Without Representation“
– It can deploy tear gas
– It can be sealed air-tight and has its own oxygen supply
– Its heavily armored and can withstand a rocket propelled grenade attack as well as heavy gunfire
– Its top speed is only about 60 mph and gets only 8 miles per gallon
– The doors are as heavy as a Boeing 757 cabin door, with 8-inch thick armor plating.
– Its made of Steel, Aluminum, titanium and ceramic materials
– Many outside body components are sourced from a variety of Cadillac vehicles. The limo uses Cadillac Escalade headlights, side mirrors and door handles. The tail of the car uses the taillights and back up lights from the Cadillac STS sedan.
Would you like to have a “Beast” of your own?
Do you agree that the Beast cost more than $300,000?