So, today I am writing about stuff that I’ve been thinking about lately. Here goes.
Awards for thieves
10. I’m really not looking forward to hearing about a fake Prince and a fake Princess, giving birth to a fake heir to a fake throne. ABC World News
Lite with Diane Sawyer actually had the audacity to lead their broadcast on Monday with the news of the conception of the fake heir. Look, if the Brits like having fake royals, then great for them. But, why must we Americans be tortured with non-news about them?
09. And speaking of fake Brits. Led Zeppelin was honored by President Barack Obama at a White House reception recently. Which made me think of something that I’ve been thinking about lately. That is; in America you can be a lowlife and still hobnob with truly talented people and be considered successful. Led Zeppelin sold millions of albums by stealing music from Black blues artists. Zeppelin never gave any sort of attribution to the Blues artists nor paid them any money. If you own a Led Zeppelin album then you own an album that contains stolen music. Shame on President Obama for honoring thieves.
08. And now music from an artist with actual talent. Here is a great new song from Alicia Keys! It’s called “When It’s All Over“. It’s from her new album. Check it out!
07. Is anyone else sick of so-called ‘viral videos‘? I mean they have become too viral. If something appears on the evening network news then it’s too viral. Back in the day you’d hear about a video from a friend and check it out. Now they’re everywhere. On the news, facebook, TV morning shows, TV talk shows, everywhere! Is a viral video a viral video if it’s in the mainstream media?
06. AK is covering the January Essence Magazine! 🙂 I haven’t purchased Essence in a long time but I’m going to buy this one!
05. I was really trying to like the adult cartoon Family Guy. But, just when I’m really getting into it they throw in some racist hipster humor. I’m really getting tired of racist hipster humor on TV. Shows like 30 Rock on NBC are full of this type of so-called humor. They think they can get away with it because the humor is supposed to be ironic. The problem is though, it’s not the least bit ironic. It’s just racist.
03. Does anyone else get depressed during the 2 or 3 weeks before Christmas? It really sucks. I think I’m actually on the verge of hating Christmas. It’s just such a dreary holiday unless you are either a kid or have a big family to spend it with. I try to get myself hyped about it but it usually doesn’t work for more than a day or two. I wish I could figure out a way to ignore Christmas.
02. I am in love with cream cheese. Lol. I’ve been putting it on bagels and on raisin toast. It’s great? Do you like it?
01. My favorite TV show at the moment is TV One’s Unsung. That is such a great show! I love music, as you know, and I have learned so much about music artists by watching that show. What’s my favorite episode you ask? I have two; Phyllis Hyman and Teddy Pendergrass. But, I’ve only seen about 7 episodes so far. What do you think of the show?